"One writes not to be read but to breathe...one writes to think, to pray, to analyze. One writes to clear one's mind, to dissipate one's fears, to face one's doubts, to look at one's mistakes--in order to retrieve them. One writes to capture and crystallize one's joy, but also to disperse one's gloom. Like prayer--you go to it in sorrow more than joy, for help, a road back to grace."

~Anne Morrow Lindbergh - (1906-2002) from War Within and Without - Diaries and Letters: 1939-1944

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

And so it begins...

The picture above of Alexandre Despatie (Canadian Olympic Diver) really makes me :-)

This is my first real blog entry. I'm not sure what I have to say as of yet, but this is a start...

I'm hoping this is more than a Journal/Diary. I hope to explore thoughts and ideas rather than bore you with my notations of daily life.

It's cooled off considerably this week. (So much so that I'm wearing long sleeves again.) I LOVE this time of year in AZ! Chilly in the morning but really nice by the afternoon.

No comments: